Posted: 13th April 2022
Start Decorating Your Bathroom With These Tips And Accessories
If you don’t have the budget for a full bathroom renovation, there are still plenty of things you can do with bathroom accessories to create a new look and feel to your bathroom.
Start by removing the clutter from your bathroom. Go through the countertops and cabinets and get rid of everything you don’t need. Invest in organizational systems for your drawers and cupboards.
When you have more storage space, you’re less likely to clutter countertops with everything from your toothpaste to your curling iron to your razor. Those should all be put away neatly, so the beauty of your bathroom can shine through.
Here Are Some Accessories That Can Add Style and Remove Clutter:
- Towel racks and rings. Keep hand towels in a small rack or ring near the sink. Have larger racks close to the shower or bath. There are many decorative styles you can choose from.
- Add a throw rug to the floor. It adds a splash of color and some personality. Match your rug colors with your towels.
- Add hooks to the back of the door. Have space for hanging robes or other items behind the door.
- Add color with a new coat of paint, border paper or wallpaper. If you’ve been living with the same color for a long time, now might be the time for a change.
- Try new decorative handles on your cabinets. If you’re really ambitious, try a new coat of paint to your cabinets too.
- Replace your old faucet with a new modern one.
- Add some candles for warmth and calming scents.
- Add color with shower curtains, soap dishes and waste paper baskets. You might also choose toothbrush holders, but if your decorating a bathroom that your house guests will frequent, it’s sometimes best to put those things away. Who wants to see your used toothbrushes anyway? There’s no need to put them on display!
- Try a new mirror or mirrors in an oval or other shape. Most bathrooms are equipped with a boring rectangular mirror. Try something different instead.
When decorating your bathroom, there’s one thing to keep in mind. Your bathroom is subject to humidity from baths and showers. Make sure your accessories and decorative items can withstand the extra moisture. You’ll also want to ensure any paint you use is suitable for bathrooms.
There you have it, plenty of inexpensive redecorating ideas for your bathroom. Now there’s no more excuse for having that same old boring, cluttered bathroom.